How does FastComments stack up?
Disqus, Muut, Commento, and intensedebate are not affiliated with FastComments.
Like what you see?
FastComments works well for almost anything you can think of embedding comments on including blogs, landing pages, news sites, and product pages.
Get all the features. It's not an option.
Every tier gets you:
- Ad-free experience, no data harvesting.
- Fight Spam - We use a Naive Bayes classifier for spam detection. Also, unverified comments get automatically removed.
- Live commenting and voting.
- Ability to moderate content.
- Configurable notifications for you and your users.
- Ability to import from Disqus, Commento, IntenseDebate, Muut Comments, and WordPress. Automatic image/avatar migration.
- Ability to export your data at any time.
- Ability to have multiple moderators for your site.
- SSO Integration.
- Ability to upgrade to paid or enterprise plans.
FastComments FeaturesIn addition to the above, the FastComments commenting system has:
- A comment UI that fetches comments and renders in milliseconds to prevent disengagement.
- Very Fast Time-To-Engage: No complex sign up process for your users.
- Secure Password-less Account Management (email-based login links).
- Up-vote/Down-vote Support.
- Sorting by Date+Votes.
- Threads (replies to replies) along with reply notifications for engagement.
- An unobtrusive UI - no modals or behavior that distracts from your content.
- Users get notified when someone replies, and you get notified of new comments to moderate. We also aggregate emails, so if you receive a hundred notifications in an hour we'll just send one summary email.
- Anonymous commenting (unverified comments auto removed after three days)
- Image support Commenters can attach images to their posts.
- Localization The client-side widgets and emails are fully localized in English, French, German, Spanish, and Polish using browser locale detection.
- Full-Text Search through all of your comments.
- Markdown support for a rich text commenting experience.
- SSO Give your users a seamless commenting experience with our secure and easy HMAC-SHA256 based single-sign-on system.
Solutions for EnterpriseStuck with vendor lock-in? We can help! FastComments provides migration support from:
- Muut Comments
You may read about these features in more depth on our blog.